We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Lawrence T. Miller Funeral Home, Inc. can:
- Complete applications for local and federal Veteran death benefits, Presidential Memorial Certificate, Veteran memorial marker or headstone, burial flag, and death certificates.
- Coordinate with the military to schedule honors at the funeral of your loved one. This would include the ceremonial folding of the flag, presenting of flag to the designated family member, and rendering of taps.
- Coordinate burial or inurnment at Veterans’ cemeteries
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A DD-214 is required as proof of service. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, and military honors if they choose, would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (412) 761-2441 or send us an email using our contact form.